Saturday, March 17, 2012

"Everyone who exalts himself will be humbled"

Luke 18:9-14

He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous and despised others: "Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, `God, I thank thee that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week, I give tithes of all that I get.' But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, `God, be merciful to me a sinner!' I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for every one who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted."

--------------------------------

Waya’y puyos an ato mga pangaliya sanan mga sakripisyo kon dili ini gikan sa ato kasing-kasing – kasing-kasing nan pagmahal para kan God sanan para sa ato isig’katawo.

Kinahanglan na sa ato pagpangaliya kan God, mosood kita Dija na may mapahi’ubsanon sanan mahinulsulon na kasing-kasing.

Kon sa ato pagpangaliya, ikumpara nato an ato kaugalingon sa mga tawo na nakasaya kan God, segurado na sir’han Nija an pultahan nan Ija kasing-kasing para dili madawat an ato pangaliya.

Naka-sentro sa ija kaugalingon an pangaliya nan Pharisee ugsa hingkalim’tan nija an tumong nan ija pangadje hangtud na inkumpara nija an ija mga hinimuan sa tax collector.

Pagpakita ini nan pagka-mapahitas’anon nan Pharisee – batasan na dili gusto ni God.

Marajaw na sumbanan an tax collector dinhi kay ija man gajud tagdawat na makasasaya sija amo na nangajo sija nan tinood na pasaylo kan God sa ija mga sasay’anan na nahimo.

Halajo ra sija sa altar na nagadje kay an pamati nija na dili sija angajan na makig-estorya kan God kay lagi, makasasaya man sija.

Mapahi’ubsanon ba kita na mosood kan God para sinsero na mangajo nan pasaylo sa ato mga kasay’anan Dija?

--------------------------------

"Lord Jesus, may your love control my thoughts and actions that I may do what is pleasing to you. Show me where I lack charity, mercy, and forgiveness toward my neighbor. And help me to be generous in giving to others what you have so generously given to me."

---