Monday, October 21, 2019

Monday (October 21): Storing up true riches

Scripture:  Luke 12:13-21

One of the multitude said to him, "Teacher, bid my brother divide the inheritance with me." But he said to him, "Man, who made me a judge or divider over you?" And he said to them, "Take heed, and beware of all covetousness; for a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions." And he told them a parable, saying, "The land of a rich man brought forth plentifully; and he thought to himself, `What shall I do, for I have nowhere to store my crops?' And he said, `I will do this: I will pull down my barns, and build larger ones; and there I will store all my grain and my goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, you have ample goods laid up for many years; take your ease, eat, drink, be merry.' But God said to him, `Fool! This night your soul is required of you; and the things you have prepared, whose will they be?' So is he who lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God."

Reflection:

Waya’y makalabaw sa maangkon nan tawo sa ija kinabuhi, dili kon an mga kabtangan sanan bahandi, kondili kon an ija relasyon kan God sanan sa ija isigkatawo.

Uno ma’y mahimô nan bahandi nan tawo kon an ija kinabuhi sukton na ni God kay utang ra man nija an ija kinabuhi kan Lord?

Ugsâ pinaka-importante gajud na atô himôon na jaon permi sa sentro nan atô kinabuhi God.

"Lord Jesus, free my heart from all possessiveness and from coveting what belongs to another. May I desire you alone as the one true treasure worth possessing above all else. Help me to make good use of the material blessings you give me that I may use them generously for your glory and for the good of others."