Saturday, May 05, 2012

"Lord, show us the Father, and we shall be satisfied"

John 14:7-14

If you had known me, you would have known my Father also; henceforth you know him and have seen him." Philip said to him, "Lord, show us the Father, and we shall be satisfied." Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you do not know me, Philip? He who has seen me has seen the Father; how can you say, `Show us the Father'? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority; but the Father who dwells in me does his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father in me; or else believe me for the sake of the works themselves. "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son; if you ask anything in my name, I will do it.”

----------------------------

Uno ma’y pinaka-gusto nato sa ato mga kinabuhing Kristohanon? – an makilaya nato si God.

Uno may ‘sab pinaka-gusto nato makab’ot para sa ato mga kinabuhi, na makahatag kita nan kalipay, kontento kita, sa kinabuhi mismo sanan kalipay? – na may hibayo kita kan God.

Isa sa mga kamatuoran mahitungod sa Christian faith nato an makilaya nato an ato living God, personal na makilaya nato Sija.

Si Jesus amo’y nagdaya dato para personal nato na makilaya si God kay amo man ini an taglaong na kon sa uno na paagi nato hikit’an si Jesus, amo ‘sab an ato paghikita kan God na ato Father.

Kan Jesus nato hikit’i ang tinood na gugma ni God – isa ka God tinood gajud na moamuma sanan magpakamatay para lamang masalbar an Ija minahal na mga anak.

Ugsa balitaw na may katakos kita na mangaliya Dija na “... an kalan’on namo sa matag-adlaw, ihatag damo kaman adlawa...”

May katakos ba kita na mangaliya sa ato Father sa langit na may kalipay sanan kompiyansa sa Ija gugma sanan pag-amuma.

----------------------------

"Lord Jesus, you fill us with the joy of your saving presence and you give us the hope of everlasting life with God our Father in Heaven. Show me the Father that I may know and glorify him always."

----